10:40 am: Harv is awake again after his morning procedure and is nauseous/vomiting. He’s feeling pretty tough, but glad to be done with everything for the day. We should be back on the road to home before noon. Thank you so much for the kind messages this morning! We certainly haven’t felt alone in this fight. ❤️
6:30 am: We’re an hour away from Harvey’s procedure to inject chemotherapy intrathecally which will kick off the next stage of cancer treatment: Delayed intensification 2. (See updated steposcope infographic below.) It’s going to be a rough start full of new and familiar medications. Today he’ll receive cyclophosphamide intravenously, cytarabine (ARAC) intravenously, thioguanine orally (new chemo for him), methotrexate intrathecally, and ruxolitinib orally. All that said, my hope is that we’re able to keep his nausea and other side effects to a minimum. I’ll post updates as things play out with Harv’s new chemo regimen today and throughout the upcoming 4 weeks.
Off we go to the clinic. My heart and mind are still locked into yesterday’s memories of outdoor fun with the kids in the warm autumn weather. Harvey reminded us to “…play dead if we encounter any bears.” I’m happy to report zero bear sightings. 🙂